5 MWp Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant has been installed at village Rawara, Taluka Phalodi in the state of Rajasthan under Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission. This project has been commissioned by Rajasthan Electronics & Instruments Limited (REIL), a PSU under the Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises. The location is ideally suited for taking all the advantages of Photovoltaic systems as in Western Rajasthan the solar insulation is very good and number of sunny days is also very high. This Power plant is designed to feed power to 33/132 kV Grid Sub Station at village Bap which is situated at 18 km from plant site Rawara.
1. Total capacity 5 MWp
2. Expected Energy Generation 67 Lac KWh / year
3. Cost of the project Rs. 67.00 Crore (approx.)
4. Project Owner Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
5. REIL Customer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Bangalore
6. Placement of work order 08.11.2011
7. Date of commissioning 31st January 2012
8. Rate for sale to utility Rs. 12.50 per KWhr