Milestones achieved by the Department of Heavy Industries in the past one year:
• Thirty two operating Central Public Sector Enterprises under the Department of Heavy Industry have achieved an aggregate turnover of over Rs. 56007.62 crore showing a growth of 12.33%. They are likely to earn an aggregate annual profit of Rs. 7430.78 crore.
• BHEL has been ranked the 9th Most Innovative Company in the World by the renowned US business magazine Forbes.
• The automotive sector has registered a growth of 12.24% in 2011-12. Exports of automobiles have increased by 25.44%.
• The Government launched the “National Mission of Electric Mobility” to promote the manufacture and use of electric vehicles.
• The production in Capital Goods Sector in the year 2010-11 is Rs. 161124 crore which is projected to reach Rs. 403476 crore by the 2016-17. The contribution of this sector to GDP is likely to be increased to 4.93% by 2016-17. This sector projected 2.30 million direct employments by 2016-17.
• Working Groups on “Capital Goods and Engineering Sector” and “Automotive Sector” have been constituted by the Planning Commission for targeted growth of these sectors in the next five years. The Working Groups have submitted their Reports.
• The National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project (NATRIP) is to be completed by December, 2012 at a revised cost of Rs. 2,288 crore.
25 May 2012